Martin DeMello wrote:

>Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> wrote:
>

>>Whats about cooperation instead of competition in the ruby world ?
>>The raa-installer vs. ruby-gems is one of the places where energy is
>>spend that could be used better. I also see lots of libraries in
>>competition to each other but not in competition to some python/perl
>>libraries, simply because they are to weak to be a competitor.
>>

>I have no problem with several projects exploring the same ecological
>niche. What I do find mildly depressing is the number of ruby cookbook
>projects out there, in various stages of development. (I even wrote to a
>couple to see if they needed help, but never heard back from one, and
>was told the other was on hiatus at the moment). Surely we should be
>able to finish such a well-defined project within a month or two, with a
>concerted community push.
>
>Which brings up an interesting tangent - is there any ruby software that
>would help coordinate such an effort?
>
>martin

The TCL crew have a wiki in which various snippets and document can be
found. Quite a lot of the queries in the c.l.t news group get pointed to
wiki.tcl.tk/WhatEver which can be a very interesting source of information.

What is the problem with the cookbook sites? What is the stumbling
block, the effort to organise it, the lack of submissions, hosting?

Maybe if we knew why they failed then we could address that rather than
start yet another project.