nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:38:50 +0900,
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>>>equal to no exceptions, similarly to when *[].
>>
>>But I would say that both cases are "rescue without arguments". If I'm
>>wrong, then rescue argument processing is different from method argument
>>processing (there may be good reasons for that, of course):
>

> Actually, any arbitrary expression can be placed there instead
> of [].  I feel an empty list means nothing should be rescued.

If the argument to rescue is an empty list, you get an error:

irb(main):006:0> begin; raise; rescue []; end
TypeError: class or module required for rescue clause
         from (irb):6

If there are no arguments to rescue, you rescue StandardError:

irb(main):007:0> begin; raise; rescue; end
=> nil

How do you get the behavior your describe ("nothing should be rescued"),
_except_ by using the *[] trick?

I still don't see why *[] should behave differently for rescue than for
methods.