Am Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:45:51 +0900
schrieb ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr>:

>=20
> b> I read somewhere that the result of the "shift" method is unpredictable
> b> because there is no fixed order in hashes so it shouldn't matter
> b> IMHO. or did I get you wrong?=20
>=20
>  and I hope that you have read that it don't exist a method=20
>  Hash#unshift :-)
>=20
>=20

it was a german book:

"Programmieren mit Ruby" [Programing with ruby]
Armin R=F6hrl, Stefan Schmiedl, Clemens Wyss
Heidelberg 2002, ISBN 3-89864-151-1

page 47
[translated into my bad english]

Because hashes don't have a fixed order the result of this method is unpred=
ictable. "delete" on the
other hand permits the deletition of an element with a known key.

I know "unshift" only from php. what do you want to tell me with this state=
ment?
should I better stay programing php?

benny