Mauricio Fern?ndez <batsman.geo / yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<20040127135223.GB13801 / student.ei.uni-stuttgart.de>...
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:29:56PM +0900, Robert Klemme wrote:
> > >
> > > If we mix ruby & java I was thinking about using rjni or rjava.
>
> I'm sorry to have to tell you that rjni is at best alpha :-(
> I've got a nearly feature-complete version in my local repository but I
> haven't released it, since I don't see myself spending much time on
> it in the near future, and I don't want to mislead anybody into
> thinking so.

Please _do_ release it.  Perhaps you won't be having time to work on
it in the future, but others may want to work on it.  In fact if you
don't think you'll be having time to work on it that's all the more
reason to 'release it into the wild' so that others can build upon
your foundation.  As I recall, rjni was something that came out of the
2003 European Ruby conference and at the time there was a lot of
excitement about it because it is a great way to introduce Ruby into
Java shops - don't let it die!    If you set rjni free it will have
more of a chance to develop and mature than if it sits in your local
repository.  Perhaps the best thing you can do now to help rjni
development is to write up some minimal documentation on what you have
at this point (maybe use rdoc to speed things up).

Phil