Gavin Kistner wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> Suppose it's #foo, then #foo[]. What if #foo is implemented in the
>> superclass, but #foo[] is implemented in the class of x itself? In
>> other words, depth-first search or breadth-first search?
>
> Adding both would be foolish as a developer (perhaps even throwing a
> warning about them at compile time), but as long as the search order was
> clearly defined, I personally wouldn't be too worried.

To be more clear (since I only realized what you meant halfway
through)...I'm not sure which makes more sense. It's sort of like
	7+3*2
which should come first, addition or multiplication? By convention,
multiplication, but there's not (AFAIK) a strong reason for it. That's
just how it is, and once you know that, you know what to expect.

If I had to pick one, I suppose I'd choose breadth first; the most
recently/closely defined method should be used.

But this does point out a potential confusing point in the RCR, and
probably explains why it hasn't been included in the language
already...not oversight, but purposeful omission.

--