--- Xah Lee <xah / xahlee.org> wrote:

> just a few notes to wrap this thread up.

It doesn't really need wrapping up from you though, Xah. It would appear
your views are all too well known.

> * several perl morons didn't heed my imperative of perusing the notes
> in "perldoc File::Basename".

I wonder if this was because they considered your tone offensive, rude and
arrogant> One thing that you should realise is that people will only
"heed" information and suggestions if it is presented to them nicely. You
literally tore these people's throat out with your perl bashing. From
looking at your website; for a man who likes long words, you have an odd
attitude in conveying your own opinions across in language.

> By their nature, they skimmed and scanned
> and came back with "the doc said so!". They posses no attention to
> detail nor knowledge of precision writing, consequently with lowered
> reading comprehension. Like a man exposed to noise or shit or
> malfunction, they hear nothing, smell nothing and ebythin's alright.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^                                       ^^^^^^^^^

Both in the same sentence. Interesting.

> * when it gets one to think about design, File::Basename is one
> fucking turd. The suffix list should not be regex in the first fucking
> place. (it shouldn't even require a suffix list by default). The need
> to feed it OS type (fileparse_set_fstype($os)) is fucking defeating
> the main point of using this module.

So use "system(basename $something)" like a goodboy (tm) then.

> Fuck Perl and fuck Perl morons around the world.

[..snip some shite that I couldn't care less about..]

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"