I have an rhtml website using mysql as a backend  working
just fine on a standalone FreeBSD 5.1 system, but it fails
to work in a jail under FreeBSD 4.8.  I get segfaults inside
ruby when I try to use the dbi interface to access retrieved
rows.  Additionally, when I run the code standalone from the
command line invoking it with ruby, everything works properly.

Can anyone point me to how I should resolve the problem?

Here are the particulars:

The error message in httpd's error_log is:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/DBD/Mysql/Mysql.rb:465: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.6.8 (2003-10-15) [i386-freebsd4]

Pertinent software:
apache_1.3.28
mod_ruby-1.1.2