--- gnari <gnari / simnet.is> wrote:

> "Xah Lee" <xah / xahlee.org> wrote in message
> news:7fe97cc4.0401242131.22acf485 / posting.google.com...
> > Just bumped into another irresponsibility in perl.
> >
> [snipped rand about File::Basename docs]

> > Why the fuck do i need to know what is version, or examination what??
> > Not every morons in this world is using unix with its morinic
> > convention of appending things to file names as a versioning system,
> > and not every moron in this world need to "exam" things.
>
> you are right. the docs do not seem to address the
> needs of morons. there sould be a shorter version of
> the docs, specially for morons, with each example
> if larger font, repeated 10 times.

It'a not that, what makes me laugh is:

"When I read a word I don't understand, I write it down. I aspire to be
the greatest nerd" -- Xah Lee.

Presumably, if the documentation for whatever it was never existed, he
would not be the toss..umm, nerd, that he aspires to be today?

Just a thought.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net