John Rubinubi <rubinubi / cyberspace.org> wrote:

>I brought this up in the first place to find out if there were people who
>felt the same as I do. They haven't exactly been coming out of the
>woodwook. I don't think that there are a significant number of
>people who are unhappy with the list/usenet situation just as it is. I
>don't think you guys should change things yet.

Some of the people who feel as you do may not have posted
out of consideration for the sheer volume generated.

Even though I enjoy the list, I know that I will be
unsubscribing at some point because of the volume.  Not
sure when, but definitely before I take any significant
breaks without web access!

>However, there should be some means for beginners to ask their stupid
>questions without having to get all this email or post on usenet. Maybe a
>web-based message board where people can post questions and answers would
>be a good alternative.

There is a web-based archive.  (As well as Usenet.)

Cheers,
Ben