Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> A new version of Ruby/Extensions, a suite of useful methods added to
> Ruby's built-in classes, has been released. Version 0.3 consolidates 8
> new or improved methods since version 0.2.

May I make the suggestion of adding in some convenience methods for the
Time class for manipulating dates, similar to what Javascript has?

http://phrogz.net/ObjJob/object.asp?id=224
shows the full list of methods, and in particular I'm thinking of
methods that allow you to set the date (day number) without having to
muck about with seconds.

For example, the following JS code is quite common for figuring a day at
some point in the future:

var nextWeek = new Date();
nextWeek.setDate(nextWeek.getDate()+7);
//JS internally modifies the number of milliseconds,
//so if the day number is 'invalid', it actually wraps
//to the next month.

In Ruby this could be like:
nextWeek = Time.new
nextWeek.date+=7;

If you'd like me (novice developer) to take a stab at an initial
implementation of these, I'd be happy to.

--