On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:47:20 +0900, Pe?a, Botp wrote:
[snip]
> I am a newbie, and am trying to build a lesson plan for learning oop for
> beginners like me and non-programmers -and my son fits the bill. I hope to
> finish it before summer so that me and my son can learn together.
[snip]

I tried to teach programming to my little bother (13 years old). He
understood the basic concepts (variables, methods), but lacks the
motivation for doing coding himself. I tried..

First teach the apprentice what a variable is:  a pocket where you can
store useful things.

Next teach control structures:  if then else, loop, 42.times, ..

3rd teach methods.

Its more interesting when there is some sort of graphical output.
If you can make a small game:  tetris.  So that the apprentice can
better see the consequences of changes.

When the apprentice has reached this state, then we can move on to OOP.

Wish you luck ;-)

--
Simon Strandgaard