Hi Friends,

Forgive me in adv for asking a newbie question.

1. First question: How do I get the the method passed?

Eg.

>cat test1.rb
#-------------------------
class Dog
   def bark
       'arf!arf!'
   end
   def method_missing(x)
	p "method missing"
       "sorry, cannot do #{x} in #{self}"

beethoven = Dog.new
p beethoven.bark
p beethoven.purr
#-------------------------

>ruby -w test1.rb
"arf!arf!"
"sorry, cannot do purr in #<Dog:0x2777228>"

I'd like a method similar to method_missing(x) (wherein the methodname is
passed in x), but only access it before a method is run (maybe name it
method_called(x)).

So I can do (maybe),

Class Dog
   def method_called(x)
       p "You ask for #{x}"

------------------
>ruby -w test1.rb
"You ask for bark"
"arf!arf!"
"You ask for purr"
"sorry, cannot do purr in #<Dog:0x2777228>"

2. 2nd question: How do I get the receiver that received the method passed?

So that:

>ruby -w test1.rb
"You ask for bark thru beethoven"
"arf!arf!"
"You ask for purr thru beethoven"
"sorry, cannot do purr thru beethoven"

That is all ..for the moment. Sorry for the lengthy post.

thank you in advance.

kind regards -botp