After RubyConf2002 some people decided that a package
management/installation system should be developed and so they made
raainstall.  Now, there's not much activity with raainstall - it sort of
works as-is now, but work seems to have stopped on it.

At RubyConf2003 there was apparently another uproar about package
management/installation and thus rubygems was born and received some
attention for a few weeks.  Will rubygems meet the same fate as
raainstall?

Will RubyConf2004 spawn yet another package management scheme that is
destined to fall into obsurity...?

I guess it's not as big of an issue now that 1.8.x includes a lot more
packages, but it would still be nice to have a good package management
system for Ruby...

Still hoping, but not holding my breath.

Phil