On Friday 23 January 2004 10:37 pm, Gennady wrote:
> As far as I understand, only the default to_a (Object#to_a) is becoming
> obsolete (it gives a warning in Ruby 1.8.1). Many built-in classes will
> continue to provide their own to_a implementations. As for "to_h", it
> was never a default method, so you sarcasm is not justified here ;-).

sarcasm? please don't miss understand me. i was actually being quite sincere,
along this line of reasoning: since the only two built-in collection classes
in ruby are Array and Hash, and **x is the projected syntax for the new
keyword method arguments, i thought perhaps their might be something to this
possibility.

> But again, I would love to hear about it from somebody intimate with
> Ruby development.

yes, me too.

thanks,
T.