On Wed, 10 Jan 2001  08:00:51 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
--8<--
> But turn it around. For the cookbook site, as opposed to Gulp, it's
> perfectly acceptable to have many version of things, partial snippets,
> and the like. In fact, think how valuable it would be to have all this
> discussion about Hash defaults archived, along with all the code
> snippets. People could search for 'hash default' and get not just
> working code, but an insight into the process that lead to it.

I would be nice to introduce keywords to go along with each snippet in
the cookbook, e.g., 'Hash', 'default value', and 'initializer'. It
separates what from how. A search engine could then return matches for
both the actual content of the snippets (for keyword matches etc) and
the keywords associated with them. Other methods for indexing
unstructured data could be used, of course.

Semantic note: In the Dutch language, a 'gulp' is the part of your
trousers where the zipper is. It does not carry any negative
connotations, however.

	Michel