hi lothar,

On Friday 16 January 2004 20:13, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> I don't think that the freedom you get with the syntax (and some
> semantic) in ruby is really a plus for application development.

but yet, it quite obviously is a plus.

if you are annoyed with the freedom you just
lack the ability to control your coding style.

> And i completely disagree with Matz that programming languages and natural
> languages have something in common.
>
> We need strict languages and redirect the programmers creativity to
> the design phase not the implementation hacks.

ruby is flexible enough to provide much more of this so called "strictness".

in any case. mostly the need for "strictness" is just a way of making up for a
lack of good api's, api documentation, and thorough system wide tests.

mvg,
Alex

--
From Sharp minds come... pointed heads.