Minero Aoki wrote:

>[ruby-dev:22494] [ANN] YARV: Yet another Ruby VM 0.0.0-
>
>  SASADA Koichi announced his new product YARV, Yet another
>  Ruby Virtual Machine.  This VM works as a ruby extension.
>  Get it from:
>
>    http://www.atdot.net/yarv/
>
>  Note that these files contain CR LF line terminators.

Very interesting and a nice way to try out a bytecode-VM core. I get
about 21% speed increase with this approach with threaded dispatch and
about 24% with direct threaded dispatch compared to Ruby 1.8.1
2003-12-22 (on cygwin) on small benchmarks. I think it's very promising
considering the bytecode emitted can probably be optimized quite a lot
more. Intriguing!

Regards,

Robert