ptkwt / aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) writes:
> ...now embedding Ruby into another app _might_ be a different story, but
> even that seems unlikely.  I've not embedded Ruby into another C/C++
> app,but I suspect that if you did you would compile Ruby into some sort of
> shared library (binary) and I really don't think the GPL would effect the
> rest of your code.

The FSF quite clearly believe it does.

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LinkingWithGPL
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation
and
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html in general.

> (yes, you would have to make the Ruby source code
> available, but what's the big deal with that?)

Presumably because it'd be more than that.

Oniguruma sounds neat, though.  I'll have to play with it some.

-=Eric
		-- Blair Houghton.