"Mauricio Fern?ndez" <batsman.geo / yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:20040114161617.GA20817 / student.ei.uni-stuttgart.de...
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 01:11:41AM +0900, Robert Klemme wrote:
> > > Does collect! (or map!) make sense for Enumerables? Keep in mind
that
> > > collect! (aka map!) is defined in Array.
> > > I guess you could define it as
> > >   module Enumerable
> > >     def collect!(&b)
> > > to_a.collect!(&b)
> > > end
> > >   end
> > > but I don't feel too bad about having to do to_a explicitly.
> >
> > Especially since your definition of collect! would defy users'
> > expectations that it would do it in place while it really creates a
copy.
> > :-)
>
> that's why  "Does collect! (or map!) make sense for Enumerables?",
> but you expressed it so much better ;-)

Err, no.  Apparently you wanted to say the same as I did but I was tricked
into believing something else by "I guess you could define it as ...".
Sounded like a positive suggestion to me.  Now, who said English was easy?
:-)

Kind regards

    robert