NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
> Seeing your mail more deep, I think your drb/ssl runs fine.
> drbssl_c.rb in the drb CVS uses the method which has been
> renamed to fit OpenSSL's API.  Change
> x509_store.verify_message -> x509_store.error_string.

That was it. Now the example runs:

$ ruby drbssl_c.rb
foo
[false, "unable to get local issuer certificate"]
[false, "certificate not trusted"]
[false, "unable to verify the first certificate"]
"Hello, foo."
bar
"Hello, bar."
zap
"Hello, zap."

(There is no output on the server side.)

I'm a little worried about those messages. Do I have to generate some
site certificates myself? It looks like the server is using the
"sample.key" and "sample.crt" certificate. (I'm an ssl newbie.)

Thanks again for all your help!