Hi,

I am trying to use ruby 1.6.2 in a persistent cgi setup with fastcgi, and am
having trouble with both cgi.rb and cgi-lib.rb.

The problem is that the query string is not re-parsed after the first
execution of the script.  I can see where the problem is in cgi.rb line 2095:

    if defined?(CGI_PARAMS)
      @params  = CGI_PARAMS.nil?  ? nil : CGI_PARAMS.dup
      @cookies = CGI_COOKIES.nil? ? nil : CGI_COOKIES.dup
    else
      initialize_query()  # set @params, @cookies
      eval "CGI_PARAMS  = @params.nil?  ? nil : @params.dup"
      eval "CGI_COOKIES = @cookies.nil? ? nil : @cookies.dup"
    end

Once CGI_PARAMS is defined, it forces initialize_query() to never again be
executed, so additional executions of my peristent cgi cannot pass new values
from the query string.

This makes it impossible (from what I can tell) to use cgi.rb in a persistent
environment.  If I comment out the first IF statement, so that
initialize_query() is always executed, things work fine.  I would rather not
use a patched version of cgi.rb if I can help it, so I'm hoping someone might
have another solution.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Brad