Robert Feldt wrote:

# Thanks a lot to the Ruby community for making this all possible. I'm
# sure future enhancements such as gulp (grand unified lib project),
# archiver, cookbook, RubyInRuby, RubyGui, extension versioning etc
# will continue to make Ruby a very rewarding experience.

I think GULP (Grand Unified Lib Project) is a catchy winning name for an
enhanced RAA or RAA successor, where lib is understood in the most general
sense to include pretty much *everything* (Ruby) code-related--but which
could/would still be multidimensionally subdivided/categorized by
completeness of packaging (or lack thereof), availablity of tests (or lack
thereof), level of support (or lack thereof), and so on.

# BTW, what's the status on these, much discussed, enhancements? Is
# anyone actually implementing or are we still brainstorming? Should
# we have somewhere/way to announce efforts to avoid duplication?

In addition to any other mechanisms, please always use the newsgroup/mail
list to announce such things.

Conrad Schneiker