il Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:28:50 +0900, David Heinemeier Hansson
<david / loudthinking.com> ha scritto::

>I've build an implementation of Martin Fowler's ActiveRecord pattern
>[1] with support for single-table inheritance [2]. It's designed with
>the notion of "Convention Over Configuration", which basically means
>that you follow a set of naming conventions to get a bunch of behavior
>for free. Best to show with an example:

just two things:

the auto_id functionality may be achieved with SERIAL type in standard
sql, I suppose, or at least as a stored procedure. Am I wrong?.
Maybe you could write various driver for various db :)

did you see SPL on RAA ? it adds automagic persistence to objects via
a mixin, and it seem to me that it's really similar to your design