Hi,

I'm a Perl -> Python -> Ruby convert and new to this mailing list.

I like Ruby very much except for one thing: all those "end" tokens scattered
everywhere. For my style of coding, they are superfluous and, in my opinion,
only serve to clutter the code. I very much like Python's indent blocking
style and would like to use it with Ruby. Indenting does everything I need it
to do in terms of establishing structure and enhancing readability. Once you
get used to this style (I've been using it for just about all languages and
for longer than Python has existed), delimiter tokens become unnecessary and
unwanted.

I'm sure the topic of Python-style blocking in Ruby has been brought up
before. Is there a general consensus on this in the community? Before I
totter off to write my own Ruby preprocessor, does such a thing already
exist? Thanks.

--
Pete Yadlowsky
ITC Unix Systems Support