On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 01:36:45AM +0900, Piergiuliano Bossi wrote:
> Jos Backus wrote:
> >I am trying to write a simple remote execution framework,
>
> Btw, do you know that Phil Tomson's TaskMaster
> <http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=taskmaster> has exactly this
> purpose?

No, thanks for the pointer! It looks very interesting.

> (although I don't know which is its status, nor if it has been ported to
>         ruby 1.8)
>
> Can you explain in which way your framework is different, please?

My "framework" needs to be able to execute multiple tasks/scripts in parallel
on each slave/client, to achieve better scalability. I suppose I could write a
TaskMaster task that handles the threading internally and still lets the
end-user write scripts without having to worry about the threading issue but
I'm not sure how I'd go about that.  Sure would be cool though.

--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA