On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:24:52AM +0900, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Could someone tell me an elegant way to figure that out?
> I'm trying to figure out how the Time function works.  I'm looking at the
> ri documentation, but I haven't figured out what it expects for input.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but by trial and error I think I found it.
Time.at takes the number of seconds since the epoch, right?

So, to figure out the mid point of the Epoch I simply use:

>> Time.at(2**30).utc
=> Sat Jan 10 13:37:04 UTC 2004

> Is UTC the same as Greenwich Mean Time?

I guess it must be.  But Time doesn't seem to have a 'gmt' method.

--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely