On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, [iso-8859-1] Aleksi Niemel? wrote:

> The announcement could be read at
>
>   http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-list/27016
>
> or you might like to read it through the excite translation service:
>
> http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fblade.nagaokaut.ac.jp
> %2Fruby%2Fruby%2Dlist%2Findex.shtml&wb_lp=jaen-ATL

May I suggest that these are automaticcally generated for all lists, in
the appropriate direction (English to Japanese, Japanese to English)?
I could not access this excite URL, and when I wnt to the Ruby-List URL on

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ml.html

I just got a page with a load of Excite banner frames on top of each
other, so I killed off the slow download.  So automatic translation may be
enabled already, but it looks broken to me.

This has me wondering, are there Japanese translation engines for other
languages?  It is not only English speakers who would be interested in
Ruby.

	Hugh
	hgs / dmu.ac.uk