D> I am wondering why plruby has not been included with the PostgreSQL

 to respond to this question, you must first respond to

 * why pltcl don't support the latest modifications ?
    - functions returning SET (7.3)
    - new array mechanism (not sur about this) (7.4)

 * why plperl has only (beta) support for trigger when it's easy to do it

 * why plpython was introduced as a trusted language when it was well known
   the problem with python

 Actually, I prefer manage plruby because I use it, rather than have a
 dead PL language

Guy Decoux