Well, I don't know why it isn't included in the standard PG
distribution, but I guess the PG team prioritize stability over
features. The current version of plruby is not 100% stable - I've been
getting some very strange (and seemingly random) segfaults when using
plruby triggers, causing the entire database system to crash...

//samuel