I am wondering why plruby has not been included with the PostgreSQL
distribution. It has been around for quite a while. Is there a license
compatibility problem or a cold response from the PG development team? I
myself find plruby to be quite interesting, especially since plpython
has become "plpythonu" in 7.4 and plperl still can't be used for
triggers. I believe that for most people, Ruby should be the next best
choice when Perl and Python is not available.

Or isn't there anyone using plruby? I thought that Japanese users
especially should be the potential users since Ruby is more popular
there than Python. Also PG is not threaded at the moment so no problem
with Ruby's lack of OS threads. Also as a side note, Bruce Momjian is
currently being employed by a Japanese company...

--
dave