Carl Youngblood wrote:
> Useko Netsumi wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there are some example of small Ruby(1.8.1)
>> Database Apps/Programs. Preferably using Relational Database such as
>> MySQL(4 or 5) or Oracle.
>>
>> I'd love to see some example of storing name(first,last),
>> address(addr1,addr2,city,zip),phone(home,work,mobile), and a photo image.
>>
>> It took me a while to write it in PHP but perhaps I can do it in Ruby
>> more cleanly while learning this great language.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> /useko
>>

> My favorite DBMS for small client apps is sqlite.  No other DB comes
> close to it in terms of convenience and speed, as long as you're not
> running a distributed type of an application with hundreds of clients
> accessing the database at once.  There is no need for a database server
> at all.  All necessary code for accessing the database is compiled in,
> and databases are just plain old files.  And it is ACID-compliant. Check
> out this ruby extension for it here:
>
> http://sqlite-ruby.sourceforge.net/
>
> Carl

Thanks to all.

Perhaps y'all can give me some advice. My apps are running a web photo
apps with mutiple tables in the database. I do not store the image in
the DB but just the /image/file/path and other textual information such
as location, date, time, who took the pictures, and comment fields.
User(s) can only browse, search, and list the information for now. And,
I do not expect more than 20 users accessing it at any given time. Will
it work with SQLITE? Or do I need MySQL or more advanced(more expensive)
RDBMS to handle those tasks.

Thanks

/useko