[Shanko:]
>> There's also the question of whether a second edition should
>> be timed with 1.9 or with 2.0.
>
> That depends on how long it will take to go from 1.9 to 2.0. and how
> much will change between the two. If  it is significant change but
> coming within a year or two then we should wait for 2.0.

1.6 -> 1.8 took a significant time (2+ years?).

1.8 -> 2.0 is going to be a much more dramatic change.  I've made my
conclusions :)

All existing dead-tree books cover 1.6, but 1.8 is a major advance in the
platform, and will be more and more widely used for the next few years, so
a book on Ruby 1.8 would be very handy.

Gavin