Useko Netsumi wrote:
> I was wondering if there are some example of small Ruby(1.8.1) Database
> Apps/Programs. Preferably using Relational Database such as MySQL(4 or
> 5) or Oracle.
>
> I'd love to see some example of storing name(first,last),
> address(addr1,addr2,city,zip),phone(home,work,mobile), and a photo image.
>
> It took me a while to write it in PHP but perhaps I can do it in Ruby
> more cleanly while learning this great language.
>
> Thanks
>
> /useko

My favorite DBMS for small client apps is sqlite.  No other DB comes
close to it in terms of convenience and speed, as long as you're not
running a distributed type of an application with hundreds of clients
accessing the database at once.  There is no need for a database server
at all.  All necessary code for accessing the database is compiled in,
and databases are just plain old files.  And it is ACID-compliant.
Check out this ruby extension for it here:

http://sqlite-ruby.sourceforge.net/

Carl