"daz" <dooby / d10.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<dUKdnQahtODTrmiiSa8jmA / karoo.co.uk>...
> I wrote:
>
> > copy contents of win32 dir to ---\lib\ruby\1.8\win32  ## [WRONG]
>
> Correction - sorry.                \lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\win32
>
> This is important because registry.rb in the standard distribution
> would be overwritten.
>
> As site_ruby takes precedence, the win32module version of
> registry.rb should *_not_* be included in the copy.
>

> Happy New Year to all,
>

> daz

Thanks daz.  I played around with it some.  There are two problems I
have with it.  First, serious lack of documentation.  Second, I don't
like having methods and constants slapped into my namespace by
sticking all the methods in a module instead of a class.

However, he's obviously put a lot of work into this and a pretty
healthy chunk of the methods and constants are defined.  I suppose I
can copy & paste and write the API the way I like it. :)

Regards,

Dan