On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:01:46 +0900, GGarramuno wrote:
> Austin Ziegler <austin / halostatue.ca> wrote in message
>> I'm not sure you need either condition, really, as Ruby's
>> iterators tend to be far better in most circumstances.
> Well, the idea of the continue block is to do more than a single
> decrementing of a variable (else, indeed an iterator should indeed
> suffice). My example was just a dummy one. The ensure example and
> the use of catch address both perl features perfectly with the
> equivalent rubyisms.

I think that my point is that I've more or less eliminated "normal"
loops from my Ruby. They just don't feel right. (There are some in
PDF::Writer, but again, I haven't had the time to clean that.)

There are a few other places where I use while loops, but I think
that if I put a little thought into it, I wouldn't need them,
either.

-austin
--
austin ziegler    * austin / halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
                                         * 13.53.09