Dave, thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, the only version of
RDoc that I have is the 1.8.1.  I had already removed the older 1.8.0
version.

Just to summarize the problem... I've looked through the RDoc README, and it
looks like I've got everything set up correctly.  When I built Ruby 1.8.1,
and did the "nmake install" step, my Ruby install directory looked like:

E:\RUBY
????bin
????lib
?   ????ruby
?       ????1.8
?       ?   ????bigdecimal
?       ?   ????cgi
?       ?   ?   ????session
?       ?   ????date
?       ?   ????dl
?       ?   ????drb
?       ?   ????i386-mswin32
?       ?   ?   ????digest
?       ?   ?   ????racc
?       ?   ?   ????win32
?       ?   ????irb
?       ?   ?   ????cmd
?       ?   ?   ????ext
?       ?   ?   ????lc
?       ?   ?       ????ja
?       ?   ????net
?       ?   ????optparse
?       ?   ????racc
?       ?   ????rdoc
?       ?   ?   ????dot
?       ?   ?   ????generators
?       ?   ?   ?   ????template
?       ?   ?   ?       ????chm
?       ?   ?   ?       ????html
?       ?   ?   ?       ????xml
?       ?   ?   ????markup
?       ?   ?   ?   ????sample
?       ?   ?   ?   ????simple_marku
?       ?   ?   ?   ????test
?       ?   ?   ????parsers
?       ?   ?   ????ri
?       ?   ????rexml
?       ?   ?   ????dtd
?       ?   ?   ????encodings
?       ?   ?   ????light
?       ?   ?   ????parsers
?       ?   ????rinda
?       ?   ????runit
?       ?   ?   ????cui
?       ?   ????shell
?       ?   ????soap
?       ?   ?   ????encodingstyle
?       ?   ?   ????mapping
?       ?   ?   ????rpc
?       ?   ????test
?       ?   ?   ????unit
?       ?   ?       ????collector
?       ?   ?       ????ui
?       ?   ?       ?   ????console
?       ?   ?       ?   ????fox
?       ?   ?       ?   ????gtk
?       ?   ?       ?   ????gtk2
?       ?   ?       ?   ????tk
?       ?   ?       ????util
?       ?   ????uri
?       ?   ????webrick
?       ?   ?   ????httpauth
?       ?   ?   ????httpservlet
?       ?   ????win32
?       ?   ????win32ole
?       ?   ????wsdl
?       ?   ?   ????soap
?       ?   ?   ????xmlSchema
?       ?   ????xmlrpc
?       ?   ????xsd
?       ?   ?   ????xmlparser
?       ?   ????yaml
?       ????site_ruby
?           ????1.8
?               ????i386-msvcrt
????man
    ????man1

My path contains E:\Ruby\bin, and there are no other references in the path
to other versions of Ruby (and in fact, there are no other versions
installed on the machine).  When I run RDoc from E:\Ruby\lib, it fails with
the errors mentioned in a previous post.  Unfortunately, I'm still a Ruby
newbie, otherwise I'd debug this and post a solution.

Again, thanks for the responses Dave.

-Chris

news:FEDA1E86-39C4-11D8-989E-000A95676A62 / pragprog.com...