On Sunday, December 28, 2003, 8:06:49 AM, GGarramuno wrote:

> Thanks for the answers to my previous questions.
> Now, some more newbie questions...

> Is there...

> 1) any module to simplify command-line parsing?
> Ideally, something like Perl's Getopt::Declare.

OptionParser (require 'optparse' in the standard library) does a great
job, and is similar, I think, to Python's Optik.

GetoptLong ('getoptlong') is likely to be sorta like the Perl one.

> 3) any module to deal with either quicktime, mpeg or avi files (mainly play them)?

Don't know.  Try searching raa.ruby-lang.org.

> 4) any 3D classes ( Vector, Matrix, etc)?

Both of these are in the standard library ('matrix').  See
ruby-doc.org/stdlib for info on Matrix.

> 5) any module for secure shell, like Perl's Net::SSH?

Probably :)

Take a look at online, or paperback, Pickaxe: ruby-doc.org/downloads
("Document Bundle") for pre-emptive answers to many more questions.

Cheers,
Gavin