il Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:44:08 -0600, Samuel Tesla
<samuel / alieniloquent.com> ha scritto::

>I understand why #eql? and #=== are separate from the others, but I don't quite
>understand why there are both #== and #equal? are they testing for different
>kinds of equality?

ri is you friend ;)

     obj.equal?( anObject ) -> true or false
     Returns true if obj and anObject have the same object ID. This
     method should not be overridden by subclasses.

     obj == anObject -> true or false
     Equality---At the Object level, == returns true only if obj and
     anObject are the same object. Typically, this method is
     overridden in descendent classes to provide class-specific
     meaning.