I've been using ruby-mode along with a number of different Emacsen over the
past year.  When I was using Xemacs, I experienced all of the well-known
problems with font-locking then.  But, when I migrated over to Gnu Emacs
21.3.1, those went away, and font-locking worked fine.  It looked beautiful.  A
little later on, and this baffled me, Gnu Emacs started doing the same thing
Xemacs did.

* Only comments and strings are font-locked
* If I use "#{}" as the parameter to a function, it messes up the indenting.

There were a few other things as well.  I haven't yet tried the fix that I saw
posted for Xemacs.  What baffles me is that I didn't make any changes to my
Emacs installation to cause it to suddenly stop working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Samuel