On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:22:38 +0900, jbritt / ruby-doc.org wrote:

> Here's hoping everyone finds peace and happiness in the new year.

Already found utopia:  Ruby-1.8.1, seen all episodes of LOTR, seen all
episodes of Matrix.
I begin to feel restless and wanting more matrix-action..
I wonder what 2004 will bring ?

2003 were my most productive year ever. I did 99% of my coding in Ruby.
The remaining 1% were C++ interfacing to Ruby. Summarization of my
ruby-accomplishments:
*  regexp engine, which passes 92% of the rubicon tests (1650 total).
*  editor capable of folding.
*  wrote tutorial about how to embed ruby into C++.
*  a tetris clone in 260 lines of code.
*  program which collects info from csv files.

c++ accomplishments:
*  experimental frontends for aeditor for Qt, Gtk, Fox.

This year I have been following the test-first paradigm with success.
Without Ruby I would be nothing. Thanks to Matz + helpers of Matz.

--
Simon Strandgaard