---- "Mike Wilson" wrote: ----
> >One of the great things about their code was that it enabled you to use
> >ruby
> >code within your configuration file so you could do things like this
> >

> Doesn't this have some security implications?  I'm not really sure that I
> can think of any applications that you'd want to let a user configure, but
> that runs as root, but if there was one, I wouldn't want to be evaling
code
> from the config.  As I said, I'm not sure this is a valid concern on my
> part, just more of a thought.

It does have security implications. My class would only be useful for
implementations where you want to allow people to use ruby code in a
restricted way in the configuration file. There are a limited number of
applications where this is useful. I often find myself using a .rb
configuration file anyway. I just wanted a way to do this in a nicer way.

> Could it maybe be configurable from the app?
> eval = true; if eval ...

In my current implementation no. There was however another configuration
implementation on the list not long ago which you could modify to do what
you want. Search ruby-talk.org to find it.

Yaml is also good for this kind of configuration file.
John Long
www.wiseheartdesign.com