At Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:05:08 +0900,
Aleksi Niemelwrote:

> Holden Glova asked:
>
> > P.S. Anyone give me a hint on what I should be looking for in
> > order to create
> > and use the underscore in a Menu with GTK?
>
> I once tried the same, in particular to create keyboard short cuts easily. I
> never (in 30 minutes) managed to do that, and we discussed about the issue
> briefly with Yasushi Shoji at IRC, and IIRC we came up with no solution.
> Maybe he has discovered some way since that.

good to see you back, Aleksi.

here is what I found

later,
--
            yashi

require 'gtk' include Gtk # create an instance of MenuItem with empty string so that # the instance has Label as child mi = MenuItem.new '' # set string with Label#parse_uline. mi.child.parse_uline '_Foo' m = Menu.new m.add mi menu = MenuItem.new 'Test' menu.set_submenu m mb = MenuBar.new mb.append menu w = Window.new w.add mb w.show_all Gtk.main