Folks:

It's always bugged me that 'ri'' throws away a fair amount of
font-related stuff when it outputs to a terminal. In the new ri, I'd
like to be able to keep it. However, that leaves me with a couple of
(apparent) problems:

1. I'd like to use the terminfo low-level methods in curses to get the
strings to use to (for example) embolden strings, but the standard Ruby
curses library doesn't seem to implement these.

2. Even if I assume ANSI-style escape sequences, getting these to pass
transparently through a pager program seems to be system-dependent.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a nicely configurable output that
used colors and/or bold/underlining to add information to the ri
output. I'd like it to be paged too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dave