----- "Derek Lewis" wrote: -----
> That sounds like a great config file system.  I rolled my own basic one
> not too long ago, but having seen this, I'm thinking I'd replace it. :)
>
> One thing I did in mine which I kind of like, but has drawbacks, is a sort
> of grouping, where:
> [plugin.player]
> class=CommandPlayer
> command=mpg123
>
> is the same as:
> plugin.player.class=CommandPlayer
> plugin.player.command=mpg123

I wonder about using ruby's natural bracket syntax:

plugin.player {
    class=CommandPlayer
    comand=mpg123
}

If you look at the internal workings of my class you will see that I do a
bit of prep work on the code, but then I just instance_eval it. If I used
the bracket syntax I would have to change my objects so that they would know
how to handle it, but I have the advantage of allowing ruby evaluate my code
once I've done the prep work.

I'll consider it.
John Long
www.wiseheartdesign.com