> >Now, why do we have to pick a creative name?  Why don't we pick a boring
> >uncreative name that is easy to remember, like "rubydoc".
>
> :)
>
> I care much less about the name than the software functionality and
> the content it exposes.
>
> But as an old-time Unix hacker, I prefer short names. Two letters is
> best, but my usual threshold is around five.
>
> That's one reason I like "lin" (on Lunar Linux) better than apt-get or
> whatever. Though I will probably end up running Fedora instead...

I hear you.  Names with dashes are the worst ("apt-get").  My fingers
have to physically pause for a second to type a dash.

Oh, wait... how about "rdoc"?

That would rock.  The name of the program could be the same as the name
of the documentation system, and at the same time be a sensible name.

If you like the name "rdoc" raise your hand.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | "Software is like sex.  It's better when it's free".
PhD student.   |