Daniel Carrera wrote:

>>>You can't, it is already taken.
>>>
>>>apt-cache showpkg rman
>>
>>Oops. How about "rperson"?  ;)
>>
>>Actually I've always liked the name RubyLaser. Surely that one will be
>>used eventually. I hope the software is worthy of the name when it is.
>>
>>Is "laser" a suitable name?
>

> Now, why do we have to pick a creative name?  Why don't we pick a boring
> uncreative name that is easy to remember, like "rubydoc".

:)

I care much less about the name than the software functionality and
the content it exposes.

But as an old-time Unix hacker, I prefer short names. Two letters is
best, but my usual threshold is around five.

That's one reason I like "lin" (on Lunar Linux) better than apt-get or
whatever. Though I will probably end up running Fedora instead...

Hal