> >>Personally I'd call it "rman" or some such.
> >
> >You can't, it is already taken.
> >
> >apt-cache showpkg rman
>
> Oops. How about "rperson"?  ;)
>
> Actually I've always liked the name RubyLaser. Surely that one will be
> used eventually. I hope the software is worthy of the name when it is.
>
> Is "laser" a suitable name?

Now, why do we have to pick a creative name?  Why don't we pick a boring
uncreative name that is easy to remember, like "rubydoc".

One beef I have with many OSS products is that they like choosing
creative but uninformative names like "Evolution", or "Gimp".

Don't take me wrong, I don't think that we should use dumb names like
"KSpreadSheet", "KWordProcessor" or "KMailClient".  There has to be a
balance.  Names like "OpenOffice" and "Abiword" are good.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | "Software is like sex.  It's better when it's free".
PhD student.   |