On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Is is feasible to GC.disable in your app? That would at least tell you
> if it is a mark/free related bug.

Well, I can't precisely say that it was a problem with GC, but I can't
reproduce the problem with GC disabled.

This is just about the strangest problem I've ever had, because it will
appear if I comment a print statement out, but then disappear if I just
delete the print statement.  That's why I can't clearly say it was a
problem with GC, even though GC seems to fix it:  It could be the extra
line in the file that fixes it or something silly like that.

The segfault consistently comes around an .each iteration I have
associated with some LDAP entries and some class definitions.  I get
different line numbers for the segfault every time, but it is consistently
somewhere in my processing of the LDAP information.  This makes me think
it is a problem with the ldap.so somehow, although I don't know if
loaded libraries can kill Ruby -- I assume so.

If there are any other tests you would like me to try, please let me know.

Luke

--
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate
and captain of your soul.