Alright, a number of things related to Duck Tpying have been popping up and I
think it deserves some attention.

First off, someone inline commented Ruby Garden wiki page, DuckTypeMusings,
with disagreements on the content there. Now one may not agree, but I think a
separate comment section is the polite way to go about this --A wiki page is
not a mailing list. So I moved the comments and made some replys.

Then, along with a reproduction of Dave's ruby-talk post on the matter, I
added an Additional Links section to the DuckTyping wiki page pointing to
DuckTypeMusings. Someone removed that section.

I assume these were done by the same person. Appearently that person has the
God given Stone Tablet on Duck Typing at thier house, cause they sure find
Musings on Duck Typing unpious.

I recently commented on how one of the problems I see with the wider adoption
of Ruby is an Elitist attitude. This Duck Typing issue is a good example of
what I'm talking about. I don't understad why people feel it is neccessary to
CONTROL the use of this term. Just discuss it and it will take care of
itself. Otherwise people can be freightend away --they don't feel
comfortable, b/c they have to worry *too much* about whether they are going
to use the proper terms in the proper manner.

Sorry if I've come off too strongly, I'm just trying to give a clear
conveyance of my irk over this.

T.