I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are about adding these
methods. They are found in PHP but not in Ruby at the moment. I'm not
submitting an RCR because I don't feel strongly about these myself, but
since Ruby's class library are usually "battery-included", there might
be interest to include the methods below as well. Each of these can be
implemented with a few lines of Ruby.

Array#shuffle -> nil
   shuffle an array. perhaps add an argument to specify "how much" do
   we want to shuffle?

Array#pick(n=1) -> anArray    (method name?)
   pick one or more random elements from array.

Array#pick(n=1) { |x,y,z...| }   (syntax? method name?)
   feed block with random element(s) from the array.

Perhaps it would be nice too if there is a random pick method with
weighting, but I cannot propose the decent syntax for it.

Array#chunk(n) -> anArray
   split an array into chunks, each containing at most n elements.

Any other "useful" methods people want for Array?

--
dave